Camp Supervisor for BritTeen Adventure Summer Camps
Our centre in Bucharest is looking for people to join the team of camp supervisors for the BritTeen Adventure camps held in Cheia-Moieciu, Dâmbovicioara, Sâmbăta de Sus and Muddy Volcanos from June to August 2019. The camp supervisor position will require working in English with groups of children (school grades 3-8), organising games and activities in English for camp participants, safeguarding students and ensuring camp rules are respected and acting as a liaison between camp students, their parents and the camp organisers in Bucharest.
|Salariu||860 RON gross / camp (on a collaboration basis)|
|Durată||June - August 2019 (6-day intervals)|
|Termen limită||miercuri, 12 iunie 2019|
ABOUT OUR CAMPS
With over 8 years of experience, the BritTeen Adventure summer camps offer students in grades 3 - 8 (9 - 14 years old) a friendly environment where they can practice English, develop essential life skills and expand their knowledge through themed interactive workshops and other fun activities in English.
There is a ratio of at least 1 adult to 8 children in each camp. In each camp there will be 2 or more workshops and the maximum number of children for each workshop is 16.
During each camp, students take part in themed workshops facilitated by trainers, as well as in other fun interactive activities in english (games, competitions, challenges, sports, movie or storytelling evenings etc) organised by camp supervisors and trainers. The camp schedule also includes hikes and outdoor activities with all students and accompanying adults. All camp activities are in English.
For details about camp schedule, please check the document in the application pack below.
CAMP SUPERVISOR DUTIES
As a camp supervisor for our BritTeen Adventure summer camps, your duties would include:
- organising games and activities in English for camp students outside of workshop hours (during breaks, evening schedule, group activities etc), along with the other accompanying adults
- safeguarding students during the whole duration of the camp, both during workshops and outside of workshop hours, along with the other accompanying adults
- communicating with students' parents and programme coordinators in Bucharest - as a supervisor, you will be first point of contact for events in camp during the 6 days (for feedback on students' progress or performance, possible issues or requests)
- assisting camp trainers during workshops
- organising the morning warm-up along with the other accompanying adults
- ensuring all camp rules and protocols are followed and camp standards are observed
- ensuring the camp schedule is respected by camp participants and staff (warm-up, meals, workshops, lights out)
- assisting students with their grievances
- adhering to our Child Protiection policy
WHAT WE OFFER
As a camp supervisor, aside from the standard camp fee of 860 RON gross/camp, we also offer you:
- transportation from Bucharest to the camp site and return by bus (with departure on Sunday morning and return on Friday evening)
- full accommodation for the 6 days in camp in double rooms or single if the capacity of the venue allows (with en-suite bathroom, wireless internet connection, TV)
- 3 meals and 2 fruit snacks/day (menu can be adapted for all dietary restrictions and/or preferences)
- all stationery and other materials needed for camp activities
- training and guidance on camp procedures and rules, our Child Protection policy
- First-aid training provided by the Red Cross (will be scheduled in a weekend)
- experience in a fun and lively multi-cultural environment
- letter of reference (dependent on satisfactory performance and completion)
- Experience in working with groups of children aged 9-14 years old
- Good knowledge of English (at least C1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- The ability to establish a good relationship with students
- The ability to challenge and motivate students
- Enthusiasm and a friendly attitude
- Experience in camps for children and teenagers
- Training/facilitating experience or non-formal education experience
- Experience in working with children or teenagers with special educational or behavioural needs
Cum să aplici
If you are interested in applying, please fill in English the attached Application Form and return it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 June 2019.
We will only contact the shortlisted candidates. Interviews with selected candidates will be held until 19 June 2019.