Camp Trainer for BritTeen Adventure Summer Camps
Our centre in Bucharest is looking for people to join the team of camp supervisors for the BritTeen Adventure camps held in Cheia-Moieciu, Dâmbovicioara, Sâmbăta de Sus and Muddy Volcanos from June to August 2019. The camp trainer position will require working in English with groups of children (school grades 3-8) and delivering themed conversation-based workshops on topics of the trainer's choice.
|Salariu||1320 RON gross / camp (on a collaboration basis)|
|Durată||June - August 2019 (6-day intervals)|
|Termen limită||duminică, 30 iunie 2019|
About our camps
With over 7 years of experience, the BritTeen Adventure summer camps offer students in grades 3 - 8 (9 - 14 years old) a friendly environment where they can practice English, develop essential life skills and expand their knowledge through themed interactive workshops and other fun activities in English.
There is a ratio of at least 1 adult to 8 children in each camp. In each camp there will be 2 or more workshops and the maximum number of children for each workshop is 16.
During each camp, students take part in themed workshops facilitated by trainers, as well as in other fun interactive activities in english (games, competitions, challenges, sports, movie or storytelling evenings etc) organised by camp supervisors and trainers. The camp schedule also includes hikes and outdoor activities with all students and accompanying adults. All camp activities are in English.
For details about camp schedule, please check the document in the application pack below.
Camp trainer duties
As a camp trainer for our BritTeen Adventure summer camps, your duties would include:
- holding a themed workshop in English comprised of either 3 sessions of 3 hours each twice per camp, or 3 sessions of 2 hours each three times per cam, each time with a group of maximum 16 students. The number of participants will be communicated in advance
- facilitating each workshop session in English exclusively
- monitoring students' performance during workshops and other activities in order to provide feedback upon request
- organising other games and activities in English for camp students outside of workshop hours (during breaks, evening schedule, group activities etc), along with the other accompanying adults
- safeguarding students during the whole duration of the camp, both during workshops and outside of workshop hours, along with the other accompanying adults
- assisting students with their grievances
- adhering to our Child Protection policy
What we offer
As a camp trainer, aside from the standard camp fee of 1320 RON gross/camp, we also offer you:
- transportation from Bucharest to the camp site and return by bus (with departure on Sunday morning and return on Friday evening)
- full accommodation for the 6 days in camp, in single or double rooms (with en-suite bathroom, wireless internet connection, TV)
- 3 meals and 2 fruit snacks/day (menu can be adapted for all dietary restrictions and/or preferences)
- all stationery and other materials needed for workshop and camp activities (within budget - details will be discussed during interviews)
- training and guidance on camp procedures and rules, our Child Protection policy, first aid procedures (depending on availability)
- experience in a fun and lively multi-cultural environment
- letter of reference (dependent on satisfactory performance and completion)
- Experience in working with groups of children/teenagers
- Training/facilitating experience or non-formal education experience
- Good knowledge of English (at least C1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- The ability to establish a good relationship with students
- The ability to challenge and motivate students
- Enthusiasm and a friendly attitude
- Experience in camps for children and teenagers
- Experience in working with children or teenagers with special educational or behavioural needs
Cum să aplici
If you are interested in applying, please fill in the attached Application Form and return it to us at email@example.com.
We will only contact the shortlisted candidates.