BritTeen Bucharest Trainer
Our centre in Bucharest is looking for people to join the team of BritTeen club trainers starting with for the academic year 2019-2020, on a collaboration basis. The BritTeen trainer position will require working in English with groups of children (7-18 years old) and delivering themed conversation-based workshops on topics of the trainer's choice. The activities will be mainly based in our Bucharest main centre, but sometimes these might take place outside our centre.
|Salary||125 RON gross/participant (on a collaboration basis)|
|Duration||September 2019 - June 2020|
|Working hours||Saturday afternoons|
|Closing date||Monday 01 June 2020|
About the BritTeen Club
The BritTeen Club is a conversation club for students in grades I-XII (7 - 18 years old) that aims to develop their English conversation skills through themed workshops.
By joining the BritTeen Club, participants get the opportunity to further develop their abilities and pursue their hobbies or passions, while also improving their social skills and English language fluency through conversation.
The club’s activity is structured in modules, all around the school year. Each module includes themed 6-session workshops for children and teenagers, according to their age group (workshops are for students in grades I-II, III-IV, V-VI, VII-VIII and IX-XII). The workshop sessions are held on Saturdays, between 16:30 ans 20:00.
- Holding a workshop comprised of 6 sessions, 1.5 hours each, on Saturday afternoons, according to a fixed schedule;
- Facilitating each workshop session in English exclusively;
- Planning and facilitating the workshop as per British Council standards;
- Elaborating and following the workshop curriculum;
- Monitoring and evaluating the participants’ progress.
- Experience in a fun and lively multi-cultural working environment
- Letter of reference (dependent on satisfactory performance and completion)
- Facilitating abilities in English in accordance to the communicative approach
- Experience in working with groups of children/teenagers
- Good knowledge of English (at least C1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- The ability to establish a good relationship with participants
- The ability to challenge and motivate participants
- A friendly attitude
- Training/facilitating experience or non-formal education experience
- Experience in working with people (children or adults) with special educational or behavioural needs
How to apply
To apply, please send the following documents by e-mail, to email@example.com:
- your CV in English
- the filled in application form, in English (the form is available for download below)
- a BritTeen workshop proposal in English or Romanian (the template is available for download below)
Only selected candidates will be contacted.