Find a UK education agent

There are education agents, counsellors and advisors who can help you to apply for a course at a university, college or school in the UK.

They can help you choose an institution and make your application, and they might also be able to advise you on topics such as visas, accommodation, travel and more.

 You don’t have to use an agent or advisor to apply to study in the UK, but if you would like to find one, then you can search our database of British Council trained agents. 

Agent Training

The British Council has been successfully offering access to the highly respected British Council Agents Certificate since 2006.

This certified  Agents Training programme developed by the British Council has two levels:

  • The British Council Foundation Certificate for Agents 
  • The British Council Advanced Certificate for Agents

What are the benefits of British Council’s training for agents?

  • access to and recognition of on-going professional development with the British Council
  • a qualification that is acknowledged among UK education institutions
  • the opportunity to achieve advanced agent status and be placed on the public British Council Trained Agent List
  • increased international recognition.


Future Learn: Study UK Online course (MOOC)

The British Council has launched its first ever free massive open online course (MOOC) designed for those interested in becoming education agents. People who are interested in coming to the UK to study, and anyone interested in learning about education in the UK, will also find the course informative and useful. 

Find more by looking at the sign-up page of the Study UK Open Online Course (MOOC)

The course starts on Monday 6 August 2018