The British Council has been successfully offering training globally to agents since 2006.
We have recently launched a new package of professional development opportunities which is also available in Romania.
There are two levels of training :
1. British Council Foundation Certificate for Agents
This course is delivered online over 8 study weeks, throughout February - April 2015. It includes self-assessment tests and is assessed by a formal written exam and professional development record.
The course focuses on the following areas:
- UK education and training system; courses and qualifications
- Quality assurance
- Benefits of studying and living in the UK
- Lifestyle – travel, accommodation, living costs, welfare
- Course fees and scholarships
- UK application procedures, entry requirements, visas and immigration
Benefits of the course:
- Recognition of commitment to quality and professionalism
- Quality of qualification acknowledged amongst UK education institutions
- Certificate to evidence successful completion
- Public listing on the British Council trained agents list
This qualification is valid for a period of two years and the certificate is provided to the individual. Reissue is dependent on evidence of participation in continuing professional development activity through the advanced professional development route, the British Council Advanced Certificate.
The total fee per agent is 1500 RON.
How to register
To apply for the course please e-mail your full contact details along with your company’s details (for invoicing purposes) to email@example.com.
The deadline for registration is Friday 30 January 2015.
||Course start / Induction meeting
||Support meeting (attending the support meetings is essential, but is not compulsory)
||Marked papers to be sent to UK for moderation and confirmations of marks
|May - June
||Input to database, public listing on the British Council’s trained agents list, Certificate award ceremony
2. British Council Advanced Certificate for Agents
This is a portfolio based qualification that plans and tracks professional development on an on-going basis, emphasising professionalism, ethical behaviour, excellence in support and service provision.
If you want to find more about the online training courses, contact Gabriel Ivan, Project Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out about a new exclusive database of agents around the world, who have completed the British Council’s training and are signed up to an ethical code of practice.