Steps to Success is a self-access course suitable for English language teachers who are in their final year of pre-service study or in their first two years of full-time teaching of English. It is a general self-access course suitable for teachers working in the primary, secondary, tertiary or the private ELT sector.
Part of: Stages 1 and 2 of the CPD framework
Level of English required: B1+
Registration is open until 28 May 2015.
The course aims to:
- expand teachers’ knowledge of methodology, lesson planning and assessment
- focus on communicative and learner-centred teaching
- allow teachers to observe and try out methods and resources
- relate course ideas to teachers' own context
- develop reflection and professional development skills
You can choose to take any module you like at any time and in any order, so that you can get ideas and training about the particular area of need in your teaching.
• Module 1 - Classroom management
• Module 2 - Planning
• Module 3 - Presentation and practice
• Module 4 - Effective communication
• Module 5 - Written communication
• Module 6 - Assessment
• Module 7 - Teaching culture
• Module 8 - Visual aids
• Module 9 – Memorable learning
• Module 10 - Professional development
Participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of each unit.