Be part of a dynamic, international organisation dedicated to making a positive impact on people’s lives. The British Council is a unique organisation to work for. We have a commitment to integrity, creativity, mutuality, valuing people and professionalism. We encourage our staff to pursue personal and professional development via training, on-the-job-coaching and individual study.
Periodically we run an internship programme for a fixed period of six months. The internship provides an understanding of the British Council’s strategies and areas of work. Interns can specialise in education and training, English language teaching, communication, knowledge and information or customer services.
Currently, we are looking for interns for the @British library and our conversation clubs in english. If you would like to spend the following six months (May-October) working side by side with us in a dynamic environment, for 4 hours per day Monday through Friday, we invite you to send us your application by 7 May 2014.
What tasks will you have during the internship?
- Research for different projects
- Cataloguing & discarding library resources ( books, magazines, DVDs)
- Writing promo materials texts: newsletters, website texts, flyers, posters, etc
- Promoting the conversation clubs to our stakeholders: present the clubs activity in schools, representation at our fairs
- Organizing events
What skills do you need?
- Attention to detail
- Organizing skills
- Communication skills
- Fluency in both English and Romanian
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Word and Excel, social media); digital design knowledge is a plus (Adobe Photoshop, any other design software)
If we have convinced you, this is what you have to do for successfully submitting your application:
Send a CV together with the answer to the following questions ( both the CV and the answers must be submitted in English):
1. If you were to organize and promote an English summer camp for children from grades 5-8, how would you do it and what communication means would you use? Please provide us a complete plan, including planning steps and timeline, resources needed, promotional tactics employed, etc. The total buget for promoting the event should not exceed 200 GBP.
2.Why do you want an internship at the British Council and what are your expectations related to it?
Each of your answers should be no longer than 250 words. We only accept applications written in English.
The application should be sent to email@example.com by 7 May 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 9 May. Interviews will take place between 12 and 15 May. During the interview, you will find out more about our rewards package, our internship programme and our recruitment procedure.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and diversity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community in Romania. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.