Teaching Assistant in Iași
Our Teaching Centre in Iași is looking for enthusiastic and committed people to join the team of Teaching Assistants from January 2020. The Teaching Assistants will mainly help teachers in class but may occasionally be invited to help Teaching Centre staff with other tasks too.
|Salary||10 RON gross per hour|
|Working hours||5 hours per week|
|Closing date||Sunday 12 January 2020|
This internship provides an opportunity to experience interacting with students, as well as to gain a better insight into communicative teaching practices. It is aimed at people working or planning to work with children in the educational field.
During the academic year our classes take place Monday to Friday, twice a week (Tuesday and Thursday or Monday and Wednesday), or once a week (Friday - double lesson). Some classes will be in the morning, but most of the classes are from 14.30 to 19.45 on our own premises.
The internship programme covers 5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (16.15 to 18.15 or 15.30 to 19.45) from 6 January to 13 June 2020, but details may vary depending on the final schedule of the courses:
Our academic year starts in September and finishes at the end of June and we expect Teaching Assistants who join the programme to stay with us for at least one semester.
- To assist teachers in a wide variety of ways in classes with 5-10-year-old children
- To ensure that the British Council Child Protection rules are followed
- To facilitate teacher-parent communication by providing translation, when needed
- To substitute for other teaching assistants when they are absent
- To assist with Teaching Centre events or admin tasks.
- Exposure to modern teaching techniques and the opportunity to see them applied in the classroom with different age groups
- Experience in a fun and lively multi-cultural working environment
- Letter of reference (dependent on satisfactory performance and completion of the trial period)
- Library membership
- Training opportunities
- Remuneration: 10 RON gross per 60 minutes of class time, in the beginning, 15 RON gross per 60 minutes of class time after at least 150 hours assisted.
- Enjoy working with children and consider doing so in the future, particularly in a teaching field
- Be friendly and have good interpersonal skills with all ages and types of people
- Ability to judge when to be proactive and when to follow someone else’s lead
- Ability to learn and adapt to various situations and styles/approaches of different people
- Available for any of our classes
- Experience in working with children aged 5-10 in a formal or informal environment, not necessarily in English
- High-school graduate or University degree (completed or in progress)
- Romanian C1 or C2 and English C1 or C2 user.
- Studied or studying a degree connected with teaching or languages
- Experience in teaching or working with children
- Experience working with people (children or adults) with special educational needs.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form below in English only and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an ongoing selection process, and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world.
The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC 1989.