Young Learner Support Officer
The Teaching Centre Bucharest is looking for an enthusiastic and committed person to join their team of assistants starting in February for the academic year of 2019. The Young Learner Support Officers will mainly be based in our @British centre (Library building and Customer Services department) but will be required to help in other areas or occasionally assist Teaching Centre staff with other tasks too.
|Salary||15 RON gross per hour|
|Closing date||Sunday 03 March 2019|
- To supervise children in our library and communal areas
- To maintain a calm environment while children are waiting for class or waiting for collection
- To provide activities for children to be involved in while waiting for class or waiting for collection
- To assist children with their British Council (or other) homework
- To ensure the safe handover of children from the British Council to their guardian
- To assist with very occasional Teaching Centre events or admin tasks.
- Experience in a fun and lively multi-cultural working environment
- Improved English through daily use
- Library membership
- Remuneration: 15 RON gross per hour.
- Experience working with children preferably in an educational environment
- Friendly and have good inter-personal skills with all ages and types of people
- Ability to be judge when to be proactive and when to ask for assistance
- Ability to learn and adapt to various situations
- Available Tuesday – Friday, between 12.45 and 16.45 or 16.15 and 20.15
- Romanian C2 and English - B2 or C1 user
- Studied or studying a degree connected with teaching, languages, child development or child psychology
- Experience of teaching children
- Experience working with people (children or adults) with special educational or behavioural needs
The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world.
The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC 1989.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form below in English only, and send it together with your CV to email@example.com.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.