Can you possibly imagine Christmas without presents? It is however a reality for children of all ages living in Bucharest. Through the initiative Love is in the Bag, British Council and PARADA, with your support, is trying to bring to as many children as possible a gift that they will remember. Help us bring happiness to a child at the end of the year!
How to get involved:
- Take an empty box, a small backpack or a gift bag;
- Cover the box and its lid with wrapping paper;
- Place inside the items on the list below, but also others you would like to offer;
- Use an elastic band or a gift ribbon to seal the box;
- Stick a tag on the exterior, writing: Girl/Boy and the age: baby, 2/4 years, 5/7 years, 8/10 years etc. Do not hesitate to offer gifts to older children as well, 14/16 years old.
What would bring them joy:
Babies: Baby wipes - Liquid soap for baby and baby cream - Hat and gloves - Chocolates for Mummy
Children 2-16 years old: Hat, gloves, scarfs - Shoes (winter shoes / boots / trainers) - Tooth brush and toothpaste - Soap and shampoo - Coloring books, crayons, felt tip pens - Bonbons and chocolate
Babies: Teddy bears - Rattle toys
Children 2-7 years old: Teddy bears - Plushies - Slippers - Games - Plasticine
Children 8-12 years old: Toys - Plastic jewelry (for girls); please try to avoid toys which need batteries.
Between 6 and 16 December, we are waiting for you to drop your gift at the @British Library, with our Customer Services Team. The little ones will get their gifts on 21 December.