For our programme ‘English in the Community’, designed in collaboration with the Romanian-American Foundation, we are looking to recruit 9 freelance country trainers to deliver face-to face training to groups of secondary school teachers of English.
The project aims to strengthen English language teaching and learning in 9 Romanian counties: Maramures, Bihor, Sibiu, Brasov, Mures, Harghita, Neamt, Suceava, Hunedoara. To achieve this, country trainers are expected to support the professional development of teachers.
|Location||One of 9 selected locations across Romania|
|Salary||Hourly paid freelance|
|Duration||Fixed term umbrella contract up to be supported by separate agreements for each commissioned activity to late 2020|
|Closing date||Sunday 26 November 2017|
Your main duties will be:
- deliver a programme of face-to-face training designed to enhance the quality of teaching and learning in selected locations in Romania to groups of secondary school teachers of English
- lead on monitoring and evaluation exercises in secondary schools in selected locations in Romania
- identify participants from selected locations with the potential to become Local Facilitators (LFs)
- participate in a programme of support for Country Trainers including face-to-face training to support delivery of training to teachers of English and other meetings
- provide guidance, feedback and mentoring to Local Facilitators as and when required including guidance on the use of digital resources
- complete administrative tasks as and when required by the programme
- liaise with British Council English for the Community project leadership including the provision of feedback to the British Council on project progress
How to apply
For more information, please download the Role Profile and TACOS (terms and conditions) documents. To apply, please fill in the application form and send it to us by e-mail at email@example.com before 26 November 2017, 24:00. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note that we only accept applications which follow the official application form. We do not accept CVs or other documents.