This course is unavailable
The Certificate in Secondary English Language Teaching (CiSELT) is specifically for English language teachers working with learners aged 11–18.
The course takes about five hours a week and is split in two ten-week semesters. Participants are assessed and their assignments form a portfolio on which the participants are given a final assessment of Excellent/Successful/Unsuccessful. Both semesters of the course must be completed in order to gain the final certificate.
CiSELT is mapped to the British Council's Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Framework. Teachers starting the CiSELT Proficient course will be at the 'Developing Stage Three' on the CPD Framework. On successful completion of CiSELT Proficient, teachers will have acquired the skills and competencies to consider themselves in the 'Proficient Stage Four' of the CPD Framework.
The course will help you to:
- develop your methodological skills for this age group
- develop communicative, reflective and learning-centred teaching skills
- understand the process of learning and teaching
- deepen your knowledge and understanding of learner styles.
Each module includes:
- articles, videos and presentations
- teaching ideas, lesson plans, 'how to' tutorials
- forums and wikis for participants to collaborate in
- exercises to test and extend knowledge
- opportunities for reflection and learning through practice
- an end-of-module written assignment to test that learning outcomes have been met.