We welcome visitors with disabilities and those bringing pushchairs. If you need help with access, or have any questions, please let us know.
British Council Bucharest is located in a beautiful refurbished historical building.
- Piaţa Romană metro station is 260m away.
- A.S.E. bus stop is 10m away.
The nearest taxi station or drop-off point is on 16-18 Calea Dorobantilor, outside Tucano Café.
- This drop-off point is 20 m from main entrance.
There are payed parking spaces on 16 Calea Dorobantilor, 10 m away.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Step-free access to the British Council Bucharest is provided via the main entrance on 14 Calea Dorobanţilor Street. The main doors are accessible to wheelchair and pushchair users. The door on the left is for entering our premises and the door on the right is for exit.
You can see a photo of the main entrance above.
- There is a set of 11 steps leading up to the main entrance.
- These steps have a handrail on each side.
- The width of the main entrance door is 80cm.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
INSIDE THE BUILDING
There are several customer service desks inside the Library building. Our staff will be happy to help if you require any assistance.
- There is a low-level customer service point that is suitable for visitors using wheelchairs.
- If you use a wheelchair, we will speak with you about a suitable emergency evacuation plan.
The British Council premises in Bucharest consists of 3 buildings and a courtyard. The main building is called City and it has 4 levels (basement, ground floor, first floor and second floor). Access to the ground floor is made by stairs with handrails. From the ground floor there is an elevator accessible to visitors using wheelchairs.
The Library building is on one level and it is accessible to wheelchair users via a ramp.
The Campus building has two levels and access to the first floor is made by stairs with handrails. There is a coffee bike located in front of the Campus building.
- There are accessible classrooms on the Campus building, at first floor.
- There are accessible meeting rooms on the ground floor and basement in the City building. On ground floor there is a lift access for wheelchair users.
LIFT AND STAIRS
- You can reach the first floor by lift or stairs.
- The lift is a passenger lift.
- The lift door width is 90 cm and the buttons are within 110 cm of the floor.
- The lift does not have Braille buttons.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The stairs have a handrail on each side .
- Please contact us before your visit if you think the lift will be unsuitable for you so that we can make alternative arrangements.
There are accessible toilets on ground floor in the City and Library buildings. They are suitable for people using wheelchairs.
- The width of the toilet doors is 90 cm. The door opens outwards.