We welcome visitors with disabilities and those bringing pushchairs. If you need help with access, or have any questions, please let us know.
British Council Bucharest is located in a beautiful refurbished historical building of the ''Mihai Eminescu'' Central University Library.
- Piaţa Eminescu bus station is 250m away.
- Iași train station is 500m away.
- Piața Eminescu tram stop is 150m away.
The nearest taxi station or drop-off point is Piața Eminescu, at Casa Studenților Iași.
- This drop-off point is 50m from the British Council Iași main entrance.
You can order an accessible taxi from Taxi For You: 0232 222444.
British Council Iași does not have a car park.
There are free parking spaces in front of Casa Studenților, in Piața Eminescu, 150m away.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Step-free access to the British Council Iași is provided via the main entrance on 4 Păcurari Street - Central University Library building. The main doors are accessible to wheelchair and pushchair users.
You can see a photo of the main entrance above.
- The width of the main entrance door is 88 cm.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
INSIDE THE BUILDING
There is one customer service desk (2.2 m) inside the building. Our staff will be happy to help if you require any assistance.
- If you use a wheelchair, we will speak to you about a suitable emergency evacuation plan.
The ground floor of British Council Iași features a wide corridor accessible to visitors using wheelchairs. Other sections of the building have steps up and down, for which there are no ramps.
- There are no accessible classrooms.
- There are accessible meeting rooms on the ground floor.
You can reach the first floor by stairs only.
- The stairs have a handrail on the right hand side.
There is an accessible toilet on the ground floor. It is suitable for people using wheelchairs.
- The width of the toilet door is 80cm. The door opens outwards.