We welcome visitors with disabilities and those bringing pushchairs. If you need help with access, or have any questions, please let us know.
The British Council office in Cluj-Napoca is located in a historic building that serves as the venue of the Faculty of Chemistry from the Babeş-Bolyai University.
- The city train station is 2.5 km away.
- “Dorobanţilor” bus stop is 500 m away.
- “Opera Maghiară” tram stop is 20 m away.
Our centre is placed on a cobbled street with difficult car access as parking places are scare and mostly occupied. The best way to come to our office is tram, bus, taxi, or bike (as we offer a secure bike park to our clients). For any needs, we have personnel on the ground floor to help you with your queries.
The nearest taxi drop-off point is outside our office on 9 Arany Janos Street.
- This drop-off point is 10m from the main entrance of the British Council office in Cluj-Napoca.
Another taxi drop-off point is the Hungarian Opera in Cluj-Napoca.
- This drop-off point is 40 m away from our main entrance
There is also a drop-off point outside the main entrance that can be used by visitors with disabilities. Please contact us before your visit so that we can arrange this.
You can order an accessible taxi from Daniel Taxi: 0040 264 947.
The British Council office in Cluj-Napoca does not have a car park.
- There are pay-and-display parking spaces on Arany Janos Street, 10m away.
- The nearest public car park, Town Hall car park, is 500m away. It is pay-and-display.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Step-free access to the British Council office in Cluj-Napoca is provided via the main entrance on 11 Arany Janos Street. The main door is accessible to wheelchair and pushchair users.
You can see a photo of the main entrance above.
- There is one of step leading up to the main entrance.
- This step does not have a handrail.
- The width of the main entrance door is 150cm.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
INSIDE THE BUILDING
There are several customer service desks (4m) inside the main entrance, and on the first floor. Our staff will be happy to help if you require any assistance.
- Some signs are in Braille and some have large lettering.
- If you use a wheelchair, we will speak with you about a suitable emergency evacuation plan.
The British Council office in Cluj-Napoca is on two levels, only the ground floor is accessible with wide corridors to visitors using wheelchairs. There is also a front desk on the ground floor covering low level inquiries.
The first floor is accessible by stairs only and it is the main part of the centre hosting the Library, the main front desk, the classroom and one meeting room.
Toilets are located on the ground floor.
- There are no accessible classrooms.
- There are accessible meeting rooms on the ground floor.
You can reach the first floor by stairs only.
- The stairs do not have a handrail.
Unfortunately, there is no lift in the British Council office in Cluj-Napoca. Please contact us before your visit if this will pose a problem so that we can make alternative arrangements.
There is an accessible toilet on the ground floor.
- The width of the toilet door is 80 cm. The door opens inwards.