Introducing English to your child between the ages of three and five allows them to learn the language when it comes to them most naturally.
Our Early Years groups use Learning Time with Timmy.
The British Council's early years specialists have designed Learning Time with Timmy to be fun and engaging for your child. Our approach to learning nurtures your child's creativity, critical thinking, and social skills as they learn English. It boosts their self-confidence and helps them develop communication skills and good pronunciation. Find out more about how we teach.
We have partnered with Aardman animation studios because the stories of their world-famous character Timmy, star of Timmy Time, enable your child to learn new words in context. Timmy and his friends will capture your child’s imagination. This connection deepens their engagement in the learning process.
Improve your child's learning with our world of English expertise.
What will my child learn?
In this course stage your child will:
- Respond to simple instructions in English, verbally or through body language;
- Listen to stories in English with increasing attention and recall;
- Begin to notice how stories are structured, and identify where the story, action, and main characters unfold;
- Begin to notice repetitive structures in songs and stories;
- Learn simple songs and rhyming structures in English;
- Explore the meaning and sounds of new words in English;
- Listen to and repeat words and structures in English;
- Explore the sounds of English, and identify and repeat the sounds of the words;
- Be aware of own feelings and describe some of them;
- Join in with dancing and ring games;
- Use spontaneously language associated with numbers and begin to represent the numbers using fingers, signs on paper or images;
- Practice fine motor skills and creativity through art and crafts projects;
- Describe self, identify abilities, and express preferences and opinions;
- Recreate roles and experiences in play situations;
- Receive a free membership of the British Council library. Find out more about the benefits of our library services.
|Early Years 3 years old||Learning Time with Timmy 1|
|Early Years 4 or 5 years old||Learning Time with Timmy 2|
|Early Years 5 years old||Learning Time with Timmy 3|
68 hours of English during an academic year.
Two 60-minute lessons per week
In order to have classes of children of similar ages and abilities, we constantly report to the age they turned before September, the beginning of the academic year for which registrations are done.
Learning Time with Timmy 1: between 8 and 10 students in a class
Learning Time with Timmy 2 and 3: between 8 and 12 students in a class.