If you’re a new British Council learner, you'll need to book a level test before registering for a course.
What is a level test?
The level test consists of a written part and a speaking part. You must make an appointment in advance in order to take a level test.
Children (3 or 4 years old at the beginning of the academic year) will not need to take a level test. One of the parents will need to fill in this online registration form.
Children (5 years old at the beginning of the academic year - Grade 8) will need to take a written and speaking test at our office. Test appointments must be booked in advance.
Teens (Grades 9 - 12) will take an online written test, then come to our venue for the speaking test You will receive all the test details in the appointment confirmation e-mail you receive after booking your level test.
Adults will take an online written test, then have a phone interview or come to our venue for the speaking test You will receive all the test details in the appointment confirmation e-mail you receive after booking your level test.
The level established through the placement test is valid for 6 months for children and teens and 1 year for adults.
Do I need a level test?
You can register for a course without taking a level test by contacting us if you or your child:
- has completed a course with us within the last six months (young learner courses) or within the last year (adult courses)
- has passed the FCE (First Certificate in English), CAE (Cambridge Advanced Certificate in English) or CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English) exam within the past two years
- want to register for one of the Grammar Workshops
- is three or four years old.
What happens after the test?
Once you know your level, our teachers will recommend the most appropriate course for you.
Our customer services team will provide you with details regarding timetable options for your course.
After choosing the preferred course and group, you will need to pay the course fee and register. Please see further payment details below.
Registration takes place on a first come first served basis, subject to availability of places.
Payment for courses must be paid in full in order to register.
Payment for courses can be made:
- by cash / card
- by bank transfer *
* Please ask one of our customer services staff to issue a statement of fees document if you wish to pay via bank transfer. Please send us the payment confirmation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you within 24 hours to confirm registration or discuss other options.
If you intend to claim the value of the course from your company please note that invoices are issued on request only and within 30 days from the payment date.