If you or your child are a new British Council learner, you'll need to book a level test before registering for a course.
How does the level test work?
The level test consists of a written part and a speaking part. You must make an appointment in advance in order to take a level test.
Children aged 3 – 4 at the beginning of the academic year. A level test is not required for this age category. Please fill in this online registration form.
Depending on your child’s age, the following course options are available:
- Learning Time with Timmy 1 (children who will be 3 years old by 30 September 2020)
- Learning Time with Timmy 2 (children who will be 4 years old by 30 September 2020)
Once you’ve filled in the form, we will contact you by e-mail within 24 hours (one working day) to provide you with information about the available timetable options, as well as the next steps in the course registration process.
Children aged 5 – 7 (by 30 September) must take an online interview with one of our consultants. To book a level test, choose a convenient date and time for your child and yourself. Fill in the form with your contact information and your child’s personal information. Please note that, according to our Child Protection Policy, we cannot accept contact information of your child.
Children aged 8 – 10 (by 30 September) must take an online interview (duration: 10-20 minutes) with one of our consultants and an online written test which needs to be completed in maximum 30 minutes. To book a level test, fill in the form with your contact information and your child’s personal information. The online level test result will be determined after the interview and it will be informed by the online written test and interview scores (valid for six months). According to our Child Protection Policy, we cannot accept the contact information of the child. After filling in the form you will receive a confirmation e-mail including the link for the online written test. Your child will need to take their online written test in 48 hours after the booking is confirmed.
Children and teens aged 11 – 18 (by 30 September) must take an online written test. For ages 11-14.5 (by 30 September) the test takes 30 minutes, whilst for ages 14.5 to 18 (by 30 September) it takes 45 minutes. To book a level test, fill in the form with your contact information and your child’s personal information. According to our Child Protection Policy, we cannot accept the contact information of the child. After filling in the form you will receive a confirmation e-mail including the link for the online written test. Your child will need to take their online written test in 48 hours after the booking is confirmed.
Adults will take an online written test, then have a phone interview for the speaking test. You will receive all the test details in the appointment confirmation e-mail you receive after booking your level test.
Additional information (all age categories):
- Levels confirmed by this test are valid for 6 months for children and teens, and 1 year for adults.
- Please provide a national mobile phone number should you like to receive an SMS reminder before your child's test.
- If you want to change or cancel your reservation, please follow the link included in the confirmation e-mail.
Do I need a level test?
You can register for a course without taking a level test by contacting us if you or your child:
- have completed a course with us within the last six months (young learner courses) or within the last year (adult courses)
- have passed the FCE (First Certificate in English), CAE (Cambridge Advanced Certificate in English) or CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English) exam within the past two years
- want/s to register for one of our Grammar Workshops
- is three or four years old.
What happens after the test?
Once you know your level, our teachers will recommend the most appropriate course for you.
Our customer services team will provide you with details regarding timetable options for your course.
After choosing the preferred course and group, you will need to pay the course fee and register. Please see further payment details below.
Registration takes place on a first come first served basis, subject to availability of places.
Payment for courses must be paid in full in order to register.
Payment for courses can be made:
- by cash / card
- by bank transfer. Please ask one of our customer services staff to issue a statement of fees document if you wish to pay via bank transfer. Please send us the payment confirmation by email to email@example.com and we will contact you within 24 hours to confirm registration or discuss other options.
If you intend to claim the value of the course from your company please note that invoices are issued on request only and within 30 days from the payment date.