The British Council in Romania offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online. When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test||965 RON||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test||965 RON||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)*||1,048 RON||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)**||786 RON||Book now
* From 7 April 2020, the fee for IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training) will be RON 1077.
** From 7 April 2020, the fee for IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1) will be RON 842.
To book your test you will need to:
- Make sure you have an electronic colour copy of a valid ID with signature (national ID card for Romanian citizens or passpot for non-Romanian citizens) at hand, as you will need to upload it when you book your test.
Download the instructions on uploading documents to the online registration system. On the day of the examination you must present the same identity document that you used when you registered for the test.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test with your Visa or Mastercard debit/credit card, by direct debit at any Transilvania Bank office or by bank transfer with the following details:
Citibank Europe plc - Dublin sucursala Romania (Calea Victoriei, nr. 145, Bucuresti)
Account number: IBAN RO88 CITI 0000 0008 2601 2196
C.U.I. / C.F.: 9000 0000 26598 / 22.02.91
Please quote the IELTS Reference number provided by the Online Registration System and the candidate full name in the “Reference” field on the bank deposit slip (eg. RO001-xxxxxx-xxxx/full name)
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt to email@example.com (within 2 days from registration). If you intend to claim the value of the exam from your company please note that invoices are issued on request only and within 30 days from the payment date.
- Candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place (by sending the filled in consent form to firstname.lastname@example.org).
IELTS test date confirmation
After making your booking, you will recieve a first e-mail containing your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.
Once the payment and registration documents have been accepted, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with your access codes to the free online course Road to IELTS.
If your identification document is rejected, you will receive an email with instructions on how to upload your identification document again.
Please keep in mind that incomplete applications may be cancelled.
Approximately five working days before the test date you will receive another e-mail with details of the exam session (start time of your test, the venue address and the day of your Speaking test).
Speaking tests are scheduled to take place either during the week before the written parts of the test, on the day of the written tests or one day after the written tests. Speaking tests are scheduled to take place up to 9 p.m. on the day of the written test. Please make your travel arrangements accordingly.
Please note that there are websites pretending to be British Council IELTS registration sites. They are not associated with us and we are not responsible for the content on those sites.
Before you enter any personal details, please make sure that you are using our secure online registration system and check that ‘British Council’ is spelt correctly.