To protect the health of candidates and staff, Cambridge Assessment English exams are suspended until 15 June.
|In line with national regulations and agreement from our international partners, we are exploring the various possibilities to gradually resume/reschedule affected candidates’ exam sessions in some cities, at low capacity initially (no exam will be organised in public schools until September). We will do our best to provide candidates with feasible options, however we cannot communicate exact exam dates at this moment. For any query you may have, please contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org (Cambridge Assessment English exams). Please check the latest updates here. Thank you for your understanding and patience!
Step 1: Read terms and conditions
Please read our Cambridge Assessment English exams Terms and Conditions (PDF, 187KB).
Step 2: Register online
You can register online for all (paper and computer based) Cambridge Assessment English exams (except for TKT).
- Select your preferred exam, location and date below.
- Please do not use any diacritical marks upon registration, as they are not recognised by the online registration system.
- Once registered, you will receive an automatic reply called ‘Application Summary’. If you don't receive this email right after registering, please contact us immediately.
Please note: Exams will not appear here after the registration deadline has passed or if tests are already full. Find the complete list if all upcoming exam dates and registration periods.
Step 3: Pay for your exam
Important information! Cash and credit card payments are no longer accepted at the British Council premises.
You need to pay the exam fee (within two working days of online registration):
- online with your Visa or Mastercard debit/ credit card. You can make your online payment at the end of the online registration. If you encounter any error when making the online payment, please send us a Print Screen and use one of the payment methods below.
Please note that you may be charged an exchange rate commission for the online payment due to the fact that the bank account used for income collection is in EUR. For more information, please contact the bank which issued your debit/credit card.
The worldwide leader in online payments, Chase Paymentech from the USA, will ensure the security of all the online transactions via the British Council website. The company has been chosen after a rigorous selection process globally, so you can be sure that your payment is secure.
- bank transfer from your own bank account or cash at Banca Transilvania to British Council Exams, CUI 9000000026598, IBAN RO88 CITI 0000 0008 2601 2196, account open at Citibank Europe plc, Dublin – Bucharest. Very important! Please make sure the candidate's name and the reference number generated by the online registration portal are mentioned on the payment order.
Once the payment is confirmed by the British Council you will receive an automatic email called ‘Summary and Payment’ within two working days. Please note that if the payment is not confirmed in due time your registration will be cancelled.
If you intend to claim the value of the exam / course from your company please note that invoices are issued on request only and within 30 days from the payment date.
Step 4: Receive exam confirmation
You will receive an email from Cambridge Assessment English entitled Confirmation of Entry containing information about all exam papers (dates, times and locations). This email will be sent approximately two weeks before your first Test Date - please contact us if you have not received this information at least 7 days before the beginning of the Speaking window.
YLE examinations only - candidates receive by email from British Council the schedule, rules and regulations of the exam (all papers are set to take place on the same date). The email will be sent approximately one week before the exam date announced in the official calendar at Dates, fees and locations.
TKT exams registration
You can register for TKT exams during the exam registration periods announced on the Dates, fees and locations page.
Complete the exam entry form (see the Downloads section below), pay the registration fee and follow the instructions on the form.
Special arrangements can be provided for Cambridge Assessment English paper-based exams only (with the exception of May and June exam sessions). Find out how we can facilitate your special arrangements.
Please note that you need to send us a medical certificate issued within the last two years and a written request stating your requirements upon registration.