Whether you’re an absolute beginner or a fluent speaker wanting to perfect your language skills, we have the exam for you.
Certificates received as a result of passing the English language exams administered by the British Council are recognised as a linguistic competency in the following situations:
- Admission to the 9th grade bilingual and intensive classes (minimum level required: A2 according to CEFR)
- Baccalaureate (minimum level required: B1 according to CEFR)
Learn more from the documents below.
A1 Key , B1 Preliminary and B2 First – the Standard or the For Schools version?
- There are no differences in terms of format, exam levels or tested skills.
- The content of the exams will be a bit different, as the For Schools versions are specifically tailored to suit the interests and experience of school-age candidates.
- Certificates are identical, irrespective of the version of the test taken (Standard or For Schools).
Important notice! The format of A2 Key and B1 Preliminary exams (the Standard as well as the for Schools version) will change starting with January 2020. Please find more details in the documents from the Downloads section below.