Apprentice Teacher of English
British Council Bucharest is looking for highly motivated, flexible and customer oriented EFL apprentice teachers to join our professional team for the next academic year, starting at the beginning of September.
The post offers the chance to join a thriving and dynamic centre that has enjoyed considerable growth in recent years. It will give the right candidates the opportunity to build on their existing YL experience, gain further qualifications and get involved in various extramural activities
|Salariu||Freelance Teacher Scale|
|Durată||1 Academic Year, Renewable|
|Program de lucru||Minimum 6 hours a week, flexible|
|Termen limită||duminică, 30 iunie 2019|
Teachers contribute to British Council objectives through the delivery of quality English Language Teaching. Their main duties are:
- To provide quality teaching mainly to Young Learners (although other preferences can be accomodated); this may involve teaching at # our premises in Bucharest, in partner premises or off-site company courses.
- To take part in the professional development programme of the TC.
- To carry out routine administration and customer care as required by the teaching centre and to assist in the testing, counselling and registration of new students.
Placement testing may be offered throughout the year. Teachers are able to participate in in-house professional development sessions. In addition, there are opportunities to attend (and present at) local conferences and to participate in various projects and events.
As part of the professional development system, teachers are observed and mentored by managers and/or peers to support their on-going development and to ensure the quality of teaching.There is a thriving exams department and many teachers are Cambridge and/or IELTS examiners.
Skills and knowledge
Teaching Skills – level 1 = essential
- Classroom management (1)
- Course and lesson planning (1)
- Subject knowledge (1)
- Understanding your learners (1)
- Learning technologies (1)
At least one year experience in teaching at least two of the following age groups:
- Early Years learners aged 3 to 5
- Primary learners aged 6 to 10
- Lower Secondary learners aged 11 to 14
- Upper Secondary learners aged 15 to 17
- Adult learners
- First Degree
- Full mastery of English across all 4 skills equivalent to user (CEFR C2) IELTS Band 8/9 in each of 4 sections of the academic module.
- Cambridge CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL
Cum să aplici
For more information, please download the Role Profile and the British Council Behaviours and Role Profile documents. To apply, please fill in the Application form and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 30 June 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The expected start date is 4 September 2019.